Success story of Android
Android was a small startup founded by Andy Rubin. Google acquired the company in 2005. Read more about the success story of Android This made clear Google’s intentions of entering mobile operating system market.Still it took three years,till 2008 ,for the first android device to be sold.
Android is based on linux kernal and the OS code is available under the Apache licence(free to use and modify) for anyone to downloaad.This gave Android a unique advantage at the time of its release.
Kotlin - makes Android development simpler
Kotlin makes Android development much simpler, it is integrated with android studio. Many companies have started using it in production and there are plenty of job opportunities in mobile development. Here are some Learning Resources or Kotlin:-
Bangalore meetup on Kotlin (please find details below)
- Concise to reduce the amount of boilerplate code you need to write.
- Expressive to make your code more readable and understandable.
- Safe to avoid entire classes of errors such as null pointer exceptions.
- Versatile for building server-side applications, Android apps or frontend code running in the browser.
- Interoperable to leverage existing frameworks and libraries of the JVM with 100 percent Java interoperability.